This training course will teach participants how to easily create impactful data visualization using an open source/free software ---Microsoft PowerBI. Even without any technical background, participants will be able to process data, generate powerful visualizations, and generate dashboards. But more than the technical skill for creating visualizations, this course will enable participants to acquire fundamental skills in the art of effectively communicating data and insights through data storytelling.
This is designed for learners with any background. No programming knowledge or advance technical skills is required.
September 27-29, 2023
1:00pm to 4:30pm
(+632) 8404 9524
Introduction to Data Visualization
PowerBI as a Data Visualization Tool
· Working around the PowerBI interphase
· Preparing and structuring Data
· Creating and formatting the core visual elements (graphs, table/matrix, cards)
· Creating and working with data slicers
· Creating and formatting advance visuals and machine learning tools (e.g. Word Cloud and Key Influencers tool)
Why data storytelling?
Understanding the elements and structure of data stories
Data and insights
Creating effective narratives
Putting together the data story elements – data, visuals, and narratives
Data storytelling exercises.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
· Employees who have the responsibility and the need to transform business data into critical business decision insights
· Employees who want to acquire or upgrade their data visualization competencies
· Data analysts from any business unit that generates, processes, and analyzes quantitative data
· Anyone who has a need to create impactful data communications
At the end of the training course, participants should be able to:
1. Transform data and insights into impactful visualizations using Power BI;
2. Create functional data dashboards using PowerBI;
3. Effectively combine data, visualization, and narratives in creating data stories.
Our Resource Speaker
Dr. Marshall Valencia
Dr. Marshall Valencia is a social and organizational psychologist with 20 years of professional experience as an HR and organizational consultant, trainer, and social scientist. His expertise includes Organizational Development and Industrial Psychology, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Leadership, Organizational Culture, Gender Sensitivity in the Workplace, Training Design, and Facilitation Skills. He has a PhD in Social-Organizational Psychology from Ateneo de Manila University. He has held different leadership positions in professional associations, academe, and corporate.