Establishing Mental Health Champions in the Workplace
A mental health champion is someone who takes action in raising awareness and challenging the mental health stigma inside the workplace. Apart from that, it is their responsibility to ensure that the mental health of employees is flourishing and give supportive presence to employees who are in distress, thus making them an essential and valuable part of every organization.
This training will equip participants the skills on how to become a mental health champion in their organization. Moreover, this training will provide knowledge on the common workplace mental health issues, the proper rapport building and the conduct of the RAPIDS model.
At the end of the learning session, participants should be able to:
· Identify the common mental health disorder inside and outside the workplace
· Differentiate the crisis reactions and know how to act on such situation.
· Demonstrate the skills for rapport building and supportive communication
Conducting the RAPIDS model (Reflective Listening, Assessment of needs, Prioritization, Intervention, Disposition, and Self-Care
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
Mental Health Advocates
· The Mental Health Spectrum
· Common Mental Health Disorders Inside and Outside the Workplace
· Detecting Crisis Situations and Crisis Responses in the Organization
· Developing Healthy Coping Strategies
· Toolkit for Mental Health Champions
· The Mind in Crisis: Emotional Mind
· Reflective Listening
· Prioritization: Determining the Urgency for Intervention
· Intervention and Disposition
Self-Care Strategies for Mental Health Champions
Our Resource Speaker
Alessandra Arpon, RPsy
Alessandra Arpon, RPsy is working in education, research, assessment, and mental health awareness, treatment, and care. She earned her BS psychology from Far Eastern University - Manila with a magna cum laude distinction and a master’s degree in clinical psychology from De La Salle University – Manila where she is also taking her Ph. D. in clinical counseling psychology. She is a licensed psychologist who garnered the 5th place during the licensure examination for psychologist in 2017.