Money and Mental Health: Why Financial Literacy Matters
A person’s wellness is not just demonstrated by being free of disease or illness but also by having a sense of purpose and having joyful relationships. With the increasing number of studies that describe the effect of finances on one’s well-being, this webinar aims to provide knowledge and learning to employees on how financial and mental health are related, the effect of financial stress, and what financial literacy is. Further, practical ways on how to better manage finances shall be taught to help minimize the risk of mental health illness brought about by the same.
At the end of the webinar, participants should be able to:
● Recognize the eight (8) dimensions of wellness
● Understand how financial and mental health are related
● Determine the effects of financial stress on wellness
● Know financial literacy and why it matters
● Learn practical ways on how to better manage finances, reducing the risk of exposure to mental health illness
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
• Employees of any level
· Dimensions of Wellness
· How Money and Mental Health are Related
· Effects of Financial Stress on Wellness
· Psychology of Money: Financial Literacy and Financial Health
· Tips on Living Financially Smart
"Dr. Marshall Valencia"
Dr. Marshall Valencia is a social and organizational psychologist with 20 years of professional experience as an HR and organizational consultant, a trainer, and a social scientist. He is the Director for Research and Analytics of PVP and also a faculty member in the graduate program of the Psychology Department of the University of the Philippines. He was a former faculty and director for research at the Nottingham University Business School. He has published his researches and presented in scientific conferences in Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, U.S.A., Australia, South Africa, Japan, Thailand, and Malaysia.
Mightor Hernandez is PVP’s Director for Finance and Business Development. He finished BS Management from the Ateneo de Manila University and MBA in Finance from the Asian Institute of Management. He likewise completed a diploma in Interior Design in Sydney. He built a career in finance and sales in Manila and Singapore, practices interior design, and consults with multinational companies and SMEs in Manila.